The last month has been nothing short of WILD. in every way. School started kicking me in the butt- repeatedly....and then on top of the normal hundreds of pages we have to read every week- we have had legal memos due in Legal Research and Writing that we are unbelievably confusing, long, and we cannot discuss them with anyone until after they are all turned in! And you know me....NOT talking about something is probably THE WORST part of the whole thing!! Our main memo for the semester was due yesterday, and I did not sleep more than a few hours the whole past week. Needless to say, when I laid down after class to "take a nap," I didnt wake up until 10am this morning. And my body is still retaliating against me- i'm pretty sure i am getting sick. But enough about school...because honestly I just dont want to think about it for a few more hours.
I have become really close with a few other girls in law school, and it has been so great for us to be able to share the same struggles with classes, the juggling act of trying to have a life/relationships with school, and still sharing a desire to have a relationship with God and edify one another in the midst of the craziness. I have found that it is so easy to get caught up in my own schedule, problems, relationships, etc. and put God and even others on the back-burner, and these girls have been a steady reminder to me of how God got us to law school in the first place and what our true purpose in life is- to love Him and love others. What a blessing.
As for Fall Break, being home for a whole week was so good for me. I got to see pretty much everyone I wanted to at some point of the week/weekend, and having my brothers both home for the weekend and football game was so fun. I know Mom loved having us all together too, especially since I wont get to come home for Thanksgiving this year. And you know I hit up all my favorite restaurants in Starkville while I was there- Bulldog Deli (3 times), The Grill, OVPC, Obys, Harveys....and of course some good cooking of MOMs! Before coming home, I had really been eating healthy, working out everyday, etc., and I definitely came back to school after that week 5 POUNDS HEAVIER! i am not exaggerating. Obviously, I enjoyed myself that week.
I have missed Starkville SOO much since I've been back, especially as it gets colder and colder up here and the boys here start pulling out Pea Coats instead of Carhart or Northface jackets...I sure do miss those Southern boys and their style. I can't really explain it, but the boys are so different here. Not in a bad way, just different.
Speaking of boys, that subject has been a roller coaster in itself the past couple of months. I wont go into details- a little too personal for a blog in my opinion- but I will just clarify for those that know what I am referring to, that I have no longer have a "significant other"- from the past or the present! I have decided that I just want to focus on strengthening my relationships with my friends, both here and back home, and treat my relationship with God as the most important in my life. And besides, who am I kidding, I dont have time to get serious about a relationship right now- I can barely breathe I am so busy these days.
So there is a semi-brief update. Who knows when I will post again...but just know that I haven't died or anything. (although finals are coming soon). Now, back to the books. its OUTLINING day!
oh yeah- my computer crashed earlier this month. (2 DELL computer to crash in one year). so i got a mac. and i am obsessed in every way. if you are considering getting a new computer, please let me convince you to buy one of these bad boys.


No comments:
Post a Comment