Finals were just one aspect of the craziness though...the day after finals ended my parents drove up to Virginia to help me move out of my apartment (so long, commons!)-- by moving half of
my stuff into James' house for the summer (which will have to be
moved again in August to my new BEACH HOUSE! details coming in later post) and the other half into mine and my parents car to take home/to Texas for the summer. Talk about a task. In between packing and moving, I got to spend some
much needed time hanging out and catching up with mom and dad and eating VERY good meals on the beach. After making the 14-hr drive back to MS (which we did in one day....and were very impressed with ourselves), I spent the next week and a half unpacking, re-packing for Texas, visiting old friends who were still in town, PAINTING MY ROOM, and trying to catch up on some much needed sleep! busy weeks to say the least.
Then the fun part started. A couple of days before I was supposed to leave for Texas (for my summer internship in Austin with a Judge on the TX Court of Appeals!), i drove to Tennessee to pick up a friend who i had met through a mutual friend of mine in law school a couple of months earlier who would be driving with me to Texas that week. The next day, we both drove back to Starkville to spend the night with my parents and hang out before we left the next day. After nine hours in the car together the first day--talking about life....pasts, futures, passions, interests, etc....I definitely got to know that friend a lot better. After spending the night in Ft. Worth with one of my BEST friends, Erica Wilson, me and the friend spent the next day walking around the old stockyards in downtown Ft. Worth (it looked like an old western movie...cobblestone streets, saloons, horses...everything!) and then we took a random detour to SIX FLAGS over Texas! We stayed all afternoon....and rode every good ride at least twice! The next day we FINALLY arrived in Austin after a rainy 4-hr. drive full of good talks and music. After moving all of my
stuff into my new house, we met all of my best [law school] friends (the Davidsons- who are from Austin) for dinner and then went dancing (two-stepping of course) all night. so fun.
This past week was my first week of my internship--and it has been AMAZING! I love working for the Judge and my boss (her senior staff attorney) is possibly the coolest and most chill person I've ever worked for. I got to sit in on and hear Oral Arguments during the past week--something that I practiced so much during school (for moot court) and am finally getting to see in real life! God has truly blessed me with this opportunity and I cannot wait to see what all He has in store for the rest of the summer. On top of having a great job, i am LOVING being in Austin---so many amazing restaurants with awesome rooftop patios, so many random friends being in town, living with super cool roommates, and tons and tons of fun things to do!
I'm going to try to update alot more this summer since I will hopefully have a little more time to blog...so much has already happened, and I cant wait to share my Austin summer with everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment