Tuesday, November 3, 2009

what's that smell?

yes, i was a skunk for halloween.

it was the best/worst idea for a costume ever. best because it is just so funny- i mean that's not a typical costume that runs through one's head in trying to decide what to be for halloween. and worst because for whatever reason, the weather decided to be all crazy and it was 80-ish degrees all day and night. i was BURNING UP in that thing. i took it half-way off after about 30 minutes of dancing (mostly because that dancing was to Miley Cirus-on repeat-and i was literally jumping up and down for a straight half hour) but managed to keep it somewhat on for most of the night just because i didnt want to not have a costume on at our party. We had the party at the Lodge, the now-annual Halloween party location for Regent students. There was a really good mix of all of the classes from our school there, and even some randoms that didnt go to Regent. An overall successful night. Ryan did manage to sprain his ankle at some point during our "Party in the USA" dance-off, and he has been milking his injury all week by hobbling around school on crutches, trying to find compassionate girls to feel sorry for him. I have zero compassion because he keeps telling people I caused the injury. Really, Ryan? whatever.

but back to my costume...the best part was the time-released airwick air freshener we attached to my back....we set it to "poof" every 10 minutes. I think I got light-headed smelling the vanilla scent that followed me around everywhere all night. i dropped it about 8 times throughout the night (mostly while dancing) and so we had to fix it alot, but I came in the house the next day to help clean up, and as soon as I saw it laying on floor in the corner, it poofed! good to know it's still keeping the Lodge smelling nice- it sure did need it!

fixing the "poofer," as it was affectionately called all night.


No comments: