as i write this post, erik is going into surgery to have his appendix taken out. obviously, having an appendectomy is NEVER a good thing....i would know. I had my appendix taken out almost a year ago, and it was the worst pain i have ever experienced. So when Erik called me this morning at 4 am to tell me he was going to the hospital with a really bad pain in the lower right side of his stomach, i immediately knew what was going on. The crazy thing is, last night we were skyping, and I was complaining b/c my stomach hurt really bad...and as we were talking, he started getting a stomach ache too. When i finally said good night and went to bed, mine was starting to feel better. He never brought it up again, so I just figured he was feeling better too. Little did I know, he was getting WAY worse. I never ever hear my phone when I am sleeping (i can sleep through anything), but for some reason when he called me in the middle of the night, I jumped up and answered it without even thinking about what time it must be. As soon as he told me he was at the hospital getting it checked out, I knew what was happening. Sure enough, he called me back an hour later to confirm that he did, in fact, have appendicitis and would be having surgery first thing this morning. I got out of bed, grabbed my suitcase, and started packing. I'm flying down there in a few hours to stay with him for the weekend-I figure I would know better than anyone how to take care of him since i know EXACTLY how he feels/will feel when he gets out of surgery. I mean, what are the odds of BOTH OF US getting appendicitis within a year of each other!? There is only one explanation I can think of for my feeling the symptoms even before he did, for my waking up to his call in the middle of the night, and for knowing immediately what was wrong (since i have already been there, felt that) when he called....we're soulmates. :)
please say a prayer for him if you are reading this in the next few hours, and also that i make it on my flight- I don't have an ID (i lost mine in LA and my duplicate copy is in the mail at this very moment) but I am praying they will allow me to get on anyway. thanks!!
Thursday, January 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment