the past month has been nothing short of CRAZY. i know, i know, i feel like every time i finally get around to blogging I end up saying that, but I promise the combined months of December/January take the cake. As if finals weren't crazy-stressful enough themselves, I spent the weekend before finals in Mississippi for Bo and Em's wedding. Taking a break was totally worth it- the weekend was SO MUCH fun and so so sweet- it was a memory I will never forget. Two weeks and 5 finals later, I hopped on a plane and flew to Texas for the weekend to see Erik and hang out with his family. had a great time and LOVED the family. Then home to Mississippi for about a week for Christmas....the best part of the break for sure! I got to see MARGARET the night I flew into MS for our once-a-year get together, and I made it back to Starkville just in time for the S'ville Christmas Party at Barrister's the next night to see all of my old friends. so fun. The weekend after Christmas, we (me mom and dad) headed BACK to Texas to visit Erik in Austin and then to Houston to help Bo and Em move into their new apartment. It was a crazy few days, but we got them all moved in (they have an awesome place in Midtown) and Erik even came and helped move one night....what a doll. The day before NYE, I flew to New Mexico to spend a few days with Sarah in AngelFire, where her family lives and has a cabin near the resort. We snowboarded for a few days (well, until my butt was literally numb from falling down so much) and spent the rest of the time sledding, hiking, eating, and sleeping. I don't know if I am necessarily sold on snowboarding after that trip, but I definitely enjoyed the challenge. I did hate the cold weather though...too much altitude for my preference....i think I will stick with the lake and wakeboarding from now on. :)
After spending TWO days back at school, I unpacked, repacked and left again for California to go to the National Championship Game in Pasedena (my Christmas present from E) and then spent the weekend in Santa Monica with Erik and his friends. It was definitely one the best trips I've ever taken....we stayed at Erik's aunt and uncle's house (in a legitimate mansion....think elevator, maids, etc.) and the view from the balcony in my room overlooked- the mountains to the right, city to the left, and ocean directly in front. not bad. We spent the weekend hanging out in LA, riding bikes from Santa Monica to Venice Beach, and eating some really good meals. The weather was perfect the whole time- needless to say, I did NOT want to come back to Virginia to the cold and tons of school work piling up really fast.
I am FINALLY home for a couple of months- I have enjoyed getting back into a routine and getting school under my belt....i have a really tough load this semester so I am trying to stay on top of things before Younglife and my internship kick back up full force. But if this month is any indication of what the rest of the year is going to be like....all i know is that it's gonna be a good one. :)
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
i miss you
i'm gonna need to know how you get all these flights. where are the deals???
ps- you are so pretty, sister :)
Post a Comment