We started the weekend with all of our friends at a hole-in-the-wall Kareoke bar Friday night that we had discovered our 1L year. I will shamelessly admit, me and Erik were a HUGE HIT with our many duets (mainly b/c erik was hamming it up....as usual), AND we kicked everyone's butt in pool. Overall, a very successful night.
Our official Valentine's celebration actually began on Saturday. Since the very first time Erik came to see me, we have continued a tradition of going to eat breakfast at different restaurants all over Va Beach (there are tons) each morning throughout the weekends. Knowing that one of Erik's favorite restaurants is the Cracker Barrel, I found one near Virginia Beach and took him there for a late breakfast. We had planned to drive to Norfolk and go to a movie at a little indie venue, but it started snowing during breakfast so we decided to skip the drive and watch the Olympics at home instead. We came back to the lodge, built a fort (yes, a fort. it was an awesome idea. pictures to come soon.) and watched TV all afternoon. Well, Erik watched TV- he is obsessed with the Olympics....I mostly just napped. That night, we cooked dinner together, using my mom's homemade chicken spaghetti recipe. We cooked enough to feed a small army, but it tasted AMAZING! We also exchanged presents that night because he couldnt wait any longer- he gave me a freaking michael kors watch....I have only taken it off twice (to shower) since i got it. I'm that in love with it. Mostly because it makes me think of him every time i look at it. :)
is that thing fine or what?!
On Sunday, we went to our usual pre-church breakfast joint- best breakfast in Virginia Beach and right next to church...how convenient. We spent the afternoon watching (more) Olympics and hanging out, and then went to a special service at church that night about relationships/marriage. We both agreed that it was one of the best part of our weekend---we heard some much needed advice/wisdom from some couples in our church that have been doing life together for a REALLY long time! After church, E took me to Buffalo Wild Wings (so romantic, i know) and our friends Sarah and Gabe met up with us there and we all hung out for a long time discussing law, friendships, the future, and life in general. I love that we have such good friends-both in VA and TX- who live and love life the way we do!
Erik got to stay one more day than he normally does, since Monday was President's Day and he was off work---we spent it doing homework together. Ah, the life of law students. I cant wait to live in Texas so that i can sit next to him everyday and do homework!!



1 comment:
I am jealous of yall's fort. That sounds like fun, and something you and I would do!
Post a Comment