We serve a MIGHTY God. I know most of my readers know this, but my personal experience of so much of God's faithfulness and favor has overwhelmed me this week. I will share a few (of MANY) examples just from this week.
First...my car suddenly QUIT working last Sunday night on my way home from church. Although it was a terrifying experience for me-being 15+ hours away from home-God's goodness was immediately apparent. I just HAPPENED to take a back road home from the church- one that was not very crowded-instead of taking the interstate, which I have done EVERY other time I've ever come home. Had my car just stopped like it did on the interstate...well, I would probably have gotten plowed over b/c cars go extremely fast out there. So, my being on a less crowded street was not only a blessing, but I also just HAPPENED to be on the phone with my parents so they could be there with me and help me not to totally panic. Then, two cop cars pulled up right behind me (b/c I think I may have stopped in the ghetto??) and immediately started to help me figure out what was wrong with my car. The two cops (who I swear were my age...or younger) got in my car, looked at it for a while, and got it started back up so I could get back home. The next day, my car started back up just fine and my wonderful daddy called the Volvo dealership in town and got me into their service dept to fix it right away. The service was great, and my car was fixed and ready within a few days...and in the meantime, my WONDERFUL new friends offered to give me rides anywhere I needed to go. What a blessing!
Another possible frustration that God helped me with involved my student loans and the amount of money I would be getting back. I found out at the beginning of the week that I would not be getting hardly ANY money (to eat, live on, etc.) back for this semester because I had not asked for enough. How was I supposed to know...we have never done this loan thing before!? Not only that, but my books for the semester were $1300!! WHAT!? I guess we didn't really plan on that one either. Fortunately, the financial aid lady was SO helpful and it all got worked out...just in time, because living here is WAY more expensive than good ole' Starkville, MS!
I have also been having anxiety about beginning the semester and being deligent about studying, etc. but I have been prepared through the ASP program and I know what I need to be doing to succeed..now it is just a matter of DISCIPLINE, which I have been praying for for quite a while now. And I KNOW God will help me with that if I take the step of actually sitting down and committing to studying everyday. Please keep me in your prayers as I begin on Monday! Pray that I remain DISCIPLINED in my schedule and study habits.
This verse has meant alot to me lately (thanks Will Haynie, for sharing your favorite verse with me!) and I hope it will encourage others as well.
The Lord says, "Never will I leave you, never will I forsake you". So I say with confidence, THE LORD IS MY HELPER, I WILL NOT BE AFRAID. -Hebrews 13:5-6
I have been so blessed with some extra time this week to hang out with my law school friends alot and get more plugged into church. Thursday night, I went with a few people down to North Carolina to our church's youth camp and attended one of the services and stayed for baptisms at the beach-front of the camp. (It actually looked alot like the beach at Camp Ozark...made me feel kinda weird at first) It was AWESOME to see SOO many kids so passionate about God and what he is doing in this area. (the youth is HUGE at Wave...I cant wait to get involved next semester when I get the hang of school, time management, etc.) I also went BACK to the beach yesterday, and I am planning on going to a friend's house tonight right on the beach to hang out once I get all my studying done. So I guess that means I should begin practicing diligence NOW and hit the books! I will try to update on the weekends, or whenever I get some time. Until then, pray for me and don't stop being my friend just because I haven't called. I will get to everyone as soon as I get some time to talk!!
Saturday, August 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment