one week from today, i will be back in mississippi. well, on the way there...we plan on making the trip in one day (from austin to starkville) but that will require waking up early, very few bathroom breaks, and eating drive-through for every meal. none of which i prefer, but as long as i am not the one driving i think i can make some sacrifices to make it home by that night. Jack is flying to Austin on Thursday night to hang out for the weekend and drive with me home. what a great little brother. I have an itinerary of fun planned for us, including, but not limited to...lots of mexican food (you haven't experienced true mexican food until you have eaten it in texas- i will forever be a mexi-food snob after this summer), a trip to Barton Springs to see the Austin locals, a float trip on the Komal with my texas friends, and some good clean fun on 6th Street. Although i know i cant give him the full Austin experience in just one weekend, i am going to attempt to hit the highlights of my own experiences and hopefully leave him wanting more. because everyone should leave wanting more of this city. I know I will.
I only have ONE MORE DAY of work left...I am going in tomorrow because my Judge wanted to take me to lunch before I left Texas and tomorrow was the only day she could go...and I need to finish up some work on my second opinion I am working on for the Judge before I peace out. I was hoping I could have the second one done before I finished my internship, but it turned out to be a more complicated issue than I originally thought it would be. oh well. After tomorrow, I will have the rest of the week to pack up and hang out and say my good-byes. I am always sad to leave places/people behind, but I have been moving around so much the past few years that it really is getting easier every time.
going to church in a little while. For the second time today. I went this morning, but my friend Wes wanted to go tonight so I told him I would go back with him. It's my last week to get to go to the Stone, so I figured I might as well go out with a bang. Besides, it's Communion Day at church. My favorite.
No comments:
Post a Comment