I have floated the river a few times, but my river experience this weekend was quite different than any I've had before. I went with my friend Erica and her parents and a b
ig group of their family's friends early Saturday morning to the Guadalupe River. We rented big rafts (4-person rafts... we had 7 rafts total) and set off down the river armed with huge water guns in each raft. The chaos began immediately. The only rules regarding the water guns were that there WERE NO rules. Every man for himself. We spent about 5 hours floating/paddling down the river, stealing other boat's paddles, guns, and anything else we could grab...I'm sure the innocent floating bystanders LOVED being caught in our cross-fire. I'm pretty sure I used a 7-year old in my raft to shield myself at one point...it was everything a Fourth of July activity should have been.To polish o
ff a successful 4th, I spent the remainder of the day/night with my roommate* and his nine friends from Nashville who were our house-guests for the weekend. After catching part of the fireworks downtown, we headed to E. 6th street (a slightly cleaner version of Bourbon St.) where we hung out and danced all night. The best part of the night HAD to be when some random frat guys walked onto the dance floor in the bar where we were at closing time (3 am) and started belting out, at the top of their lungs...."and I'm proud to be an American...." and no lie, the entire bar (if not the entire 6th Street) joined in. I was amazed at how many people knew every word to that song...the display of patriotism was impressive. It was a day and night to remember, that's for sure. God bless America.*i don't actually live with said roommate all the time, i am just living in his house while I am in Austin...therefore we call each other "roommate".



No comments:
Post a Comment