first day of school as a 2L: the PITS! i could not have had a more stressful first day back....not because of the classes, i am obsessed with each one of my professors so far and my classes are going to be SO much more interesting than the ones last year (which were required for all 1Ls....we got to pick for this year!) but because of everything else that happened outside of class! Not only did I get lost on my way to school (I took a new route from my new house- stupid idea) and THEN, my student loans, which i not only have for school but for rent, groceries, and just living in general, did not come in on time because apparently my bank doesn't do student loans anymore but failed to inform me OR my school about it! So i spent the entire day stressing about where I was going to get the money to pay tuition, buy books, etc. and what bank would lend me that much money on such short notice. I couldn't stop crying all day, so of course my face looked like I had an allergic reaction because we all know that when i cry....i CRY. if it weren't for my amazing friends here who were so sympathetic and comforting the whole day, I would not have made it-in one piece-out of that school today. And of course my wonderful parents came through- as they always seem to have to do for me- and helped me out financially, for this week. I know, I sound
so dramatic about this, but it really
is a big deal because tuition was due today in order to stay in classes...and on top of that, a few other really bummer things happened today that I wont go into now, but the point was things just were
NOT going my way. at all. not even a little bit.
and then....as i was laying on my bed (in my awesome new room in my awesome new house--which did make my day a little better and I will show you pics of soon) I got an email from a Max Lucado mailing list thing...and it was seriously just what i needed to hear. [God does things like this to me a lot I've realized] I copied and pasted it below, just in case anyone else out there had the same kind of day or has had one recently. I trust that God is good and is my provider and wants the best for me---so no matter what I am facing around me, I really want to make an effort to praise him and rejoice in spite of it.
“This is the day the LORD has made; we will rejoice and be glad in it” (Psalm 118:24).
“This is the day” includes every day. Divorce days, final-exam days, surgery days, tax days. Sending-your-firstborn-off-to-college days.
God made this day, ordained this hard hour, designed the details of this wrenching moment. He isn’t on holiday. He still holds the conductor’s baton, sits in the cockpit, and occupies the universe’s only throne. Each day emerges from God’s drawing room. Including this one.
by: Max Lucado
No comments:
Post a Comment