family vacation was a BLAST. we stayed in a great condo with an oceanfront balcony/view (i put all the pictures on facebook- i don't have the energy to re-post them here at the moment, sorry) and wow, i had forgotten how beautiful Florida beaches are compared to, well, anywhere else in the States. we rented a golf cart to get to and from Baytowne (where all the cute shops/restaurants are in Sandestin) and boy, was that an experience in itself. One night after dinner- all SIX of us piled onto the golf cart- as we were driving back to the condo, the cart began to lose "juice" since it hadnt been charged in a while. All of the boys jumped off to lighten it up- not sure if that really helped THAT much- but it definitely didnt hurt. However, that left mom, me, and emily to get it back (at that point, it was still running faster than the boys could walk to keep up with it) and our little all-girl-excursion took us through spewing fire hydrants-which completely drenched us, having to be pushed by a random guy across the street to avoid being slammed by on-coming traffic, and eventually pushing the cart the rest of the way....in heels and dresses. it was definitely one of those nights we will always remember- those are my favorite kind of nights anyway. the rest of the week was not quite so eventful....just ALOT of eating, laying out, and riding skis.
a week later, me and mom packed up my life-again- to move me back to Virginia Beach. We spent the weekend roaming around Va Beach- mostly eating and shopping....our specialty. Although I could have done without the 16-hr car ride, I was so glad to be back! I feel more at home in Virginia Beach right now than I ever have before...it has been SO good to catch up with friends here that I haven't seen all summer, and I already feel very "settled"....which is something i have come to realize is VERY important to me.
ASP started Monday- so far, so good! I like all the new students, and I am trying to make them feel as comfortable and encouraged as possible....I remember so well how scared I was when I first started law school last year, and I don't want anyone else to have to feel that way if I can help it! Friends, please be praying for me that I can be a good "advisor" and friend to these incoming students through this program!
like I said, many updates....and I am officially tired of blogging for the night. I love you, friends, and I miss you..I know I have missed a lot of calls and messages lately (please forgive me) but I will call you back soon I promise!


No comments:
Post a Comment