** I started Young Life last week-with First Colonial High School, one of the many high schools in Virginia Beach. I went to Campaigners last week, this morning (at 6 am...these kids are dedicated!), and then again tonight for club at the Beach. Normally, club will be at FC, but tonight was a kind of a kick-off for the year, so we just met down at the Oceanfront and played volleyball, soccer, and other games...it felt like Camp Ozark Opening Day Games, only the weather was ALOT cooler and the kids already knew how to play all the games. I am so excited about getting to know the girls, most of which are freshman and sophomores in high school. I get so nervous every time i go to hang out, but they are all really sweet and God has been helping me be "cool" around them- i love it when He does that! I definitely feel like this is the group/school God has been calling me to get involved with, and I can't wait to see what all is in store for this semester with the girls.
** I GOT AN INTERNSHIP for this semester! I have been praying about it for forever....it's with an awesome law firm in Virginia Beach...I will be working for one of the Partners in the firm- who happens to be my (young adult) pastor's Dad AND my Wills, Trusts, and Estates professor! small world, huh. We will definitely have alot to talk about, and he is one of the friendliest and most Godly men I have ever been around. I cant wait to learn from him. I will be doing mostly Family Estate Planning work for him, which I think is what I want to practice after law school, so this will be invaluable experience for me. God is so unbelievable to have set this opportunity in front of me.
** On top of all that, I have all of the symptoms of....yep, MONO. Like I said in my last post, I sleep all the time, and when I am not sleeping, I am wishing I was. Not good at all for my crazy schedule, but I was told the more rest I get now, the quicker I will be over it. I still haven't been running because of it, which is really killing me...but I am going to start slowly getting back into it once I start feeling a little better- hopefully that will be sooner rather than later.
** Other than all that, I am still loving my house, my roommates, and learning how to COOK! Five of the roommates rotate one night a week cooking a big meal for everyone, and the other nights we just get to enjoy each other's cooking! It has been fun- my night is actually tomorrow night and I haven't even thought about what to cook yet...I should probably get on that before I doze off again....


1 comment:
I love that you have a blog and that I can keep up with you! Glad things are going well! I hope to see you sometime this year at a football game if you make it down. Love and miss you!!
Post a Comment