Monday, September 7, 2009

i'm on a boat...

and not just any boat. the VERY sail boat used in Wedding Crashers. but more on that in a minute.

i spent the weekend in DC visiting Natalie...she's been living there since March and this was the first free weekend since then that I've had to go up and see her. It was a great weekend to go since it was the first MSU football game (which we WON whoop whoop!) and no one else in Virginia seems to get excited about State or SEC sports like I do. Besides watching the game at a sports bar in DC with a few other State alumni Saturday afternoon, the rest of the weekend was pretty lazy- which was great. Me, Nat, and her roommates all drove up to Annapolis on Sunday morning to check out the town- which was awesome- and went on a sail boat ride in the afternoon. It was such a fun day- we were total tourists (which i normally cannot stand), but it seemed like the entire town was made up of tourists so we kinda just blended in. The sail boat ride was legit- we sailed around the harbour and out into the bay for a few hours, and I even got to drive it for a little while! The boat had more sails than I was used to, but it was fun to learn about the different masts and types of sails, and to learn to steer a boat that big. Like I said earlier, it was the same boat that Owen Wilson and Rachel McAdams sailed on in Wedding Crashers...Im pretty sure I didnt look as cool as they did on it, but I sure felt as cool.


It was a great weekend overall. I wore my seersucker and linen outfits all weekend and then packed them all away tonight. I was tempted to just forget the stupid fashion rules, but then I remembered I am a Southern girl living in a Southern state (even if Va Beach doesn't embrace it like they should) and it is my Southern duty to abide by those rules. So away the linen goes. I am already looking forward to Easter so I can get them all out again.

In other news, I started YoungLife tonight! I LOVE the group I am going to be leading with, and the kids all seem super cool. But more on all that when I start actually leading; tonight was just the bible study meeting where I met everyone. Oh, and I am pretty sure I am sick with something. I sleep ALL the time and when I am not sleeping, I am thinking about sleeping and trying to find places to nap until I can get back in my bed. I have been really short of breath lately too- I haven't even been able to run, which has actually bummed me out alot and further decreased my energy level. I'm going to the doctor in the next couple of days to get it checked out- say a little prayer for me in the meantime if you don't mind! And now I'm off to bed. My favorite part of the day.

1 comment:

Morgan Elizabeth said...

Lori Ann you look so cute in that picture! I'm glad you are abiding by the southern rules of fashion. ;)I hope that you feel better too! You need some sleep...