Monday, August 11, 2008
how many hours are in a day??
I just got done filling out my schedule for this semester...no, not the one that says what classes you have when so you can tell how late you can sleep everyday and when to schedule lunch dates and naps around those semi-important classes that you will actually make it to on a regular basis. No, no no friends, this is a BIG GIRL schedule that we are required to fill out that will regulate and utilize my EVERY waking moment for the next semester. To say that it is an intense schedule is an understatement. I am overwhelmed just writing (and thinking) about it. My day begins every day, Monday through Friday, at 6am, which I have allotted one solid hour to working out (ok, and showering). That may prove to be the ONLY flexible part of my schedule, in the event that I don't "feel" like working out one (or more) days. Hopefully, once I get into a routine, the whole work out thing will just kinda follow behind. I'm keeping my fingers crossed...and my running shoes somewhere in sight just in case. The next 12 or so hours are devoted solely to the study of law. The studying varies from reading/briefing cases for class, to actually attending lectures, and then post-class reviews of the material. sheesh. It is suggested (pretty much required) that a 1L study 3 hours for each credit hour a day...making a total of around 64 hours a week of study time...plus outlining time, which then bumps that number up significantly. whew. I knew that law school was time-consuming, but I am slowly realizing that it is more LIFE-consuming. I did manage to work my daily schedule out where I would have one day a week, Sunday (my favorite day!) completely free to do whatever I want or need to do. Pretty pumped about that. I am trying to get all of my errands, housekeeping business, etc. out of the way this week before "the real thing" begins next week...I am planning on making a beach trip this weekend while I still have a Saturday somewhat free. I am excited about getting started, but I am feeling a little overwhelmed with all of it after making that schedule. Maybe I should just lay down for a little while to take it all in...while I still have time to lay down.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
i love how we both use our first and middle names on here.
i left a comment on your post before this one vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv
look down there. ok thanks bye
I feel your pain with the overwhelming schedule, friend... this first week of grad school has blown me away!! Good luck with everything, and I'll keep you in my prayers!
Post a Comment