Monday, August 25, 2008

one day down.

well, after my first REAL day of law school, I am still alive and kicking...and surprisingly really enjoying myself! I came into the week very prepared for classes, so I feel ready for anything. i LOVE that Regent has prepared me so well to begin my classes! I have decided that the KEY to my success this year is going to be keeping a positive attitude and outlook of my study-load and circumstances. In celebration of getting preparation for class tomorrow done early, I have decided to write one of those bandwagon posts about things I can't live without...and since I have been doing alot of "figuring out" who I am lately, I think I could be pretty exact with this list. Here goes!

1. my phone. i just got a new blackberry. i am obsessed. that may be an understatement. i do not go anywhere without it. (i do NOT however, believe in using it at restaurants or in the car with other people...because that is just rude. but that will be for another post, another day) i can't say enough about the goodness of blackberry messenger, getting emails instantly, and of course the good ole' text messaging and phone capabilities. the only downside: i have NO reception in my apartment. therefore, i HATE at&t (at least in virginia). but when it DOES work..it is a glorious thing.

2. diet carbonation. pretty much any kind. here are my favorites, in order. 1. diet sunkist (in a 20 oz. bottle preferably) 2. diet coke (fountain drink. duh) 3. diet dr. pepper (the can version wins here) 4. diet mountain dew (bottle) 5. diet sprite (last resort...but still a good one)
i am trying to limit myself to one of these a day (one total..not one of each. i wish.) and today was actually successful. we'll see how long that one lasts. (haven't i said this MULTIPLE times before??)

3. splenda. what a jewel. if there is no splenda in the sugar packet container in a restaurant, i get very irritated. i cannot drink coffee without it (or "sweet" tea) and those just happen to be my two favorite drinks (besides above mentioned drinks, of course). Lucky for me, my parents get the little packets by the box (its a BIG box too) for Bops, so I have at least a years supply at my apartment right now..for all things sweet.

4. my journal. it's my release. i write in it every night before i go to bed...its more of a prayer journal, but i LOVE going back and reading past entries and being able to plainly see how God has blessed and been there for me through so many ups and downs since I began journaling. it helps alot that i love love love to write.

5. pandora. how did i EVER live without it? if you don't know about this...well I am about to introduce you to the best thing that will ever happen to you! (ok maybe not that far, but it IS good). it is an online radio station (completely FREE with no downloads attached) that lets you CHOOSE exactly the kind of music you listen to...you can sort the songs by certain artists, types of songs, genres, etc. For instance, I have a "Hillsong United" station for worship music (while getting ready for the day and at night), a "Jason Mraz/Amos Lee" station for after class when I just need to wind down for a little while, and a sweet "Rhianna/Chris Brown/Lil Wayne" station for getting ready to go out! See for yourself. It has completely changed my life. (Harris, you know what I'm talking about)

6. my camera. Have you seen my facebook profile lately? I think I have somewhere around 50 albums these days. And thats not even all the pictures I have taken, its just the ones that will fit on facebook. Thank goodness I just bought an external hard drive to back up all those precious memories. Unlike last summer when I lost ALL of pictures from freshman to mid-junior year. STUPID LAPTOP. i LOVE having my memories captured, and I have come to be known for always having a camera handy. I can't help it...all of my pictures are what have gotten me through some pretty rough nights up here by myself the past few weeks.

7. notepads. Anyone who knows me well knows how much I like to make lists. I used to get caught by my friends for making lists of boys I liked, why I liked them, pros and cons, etc. etc. (it was like high school, come ON.) Although I have pretty much grown out of that category, I still make lists about pretty much everything else. To do lists are EVERYWHERE in my apartment. Not that I will ever get to 86.4% of the items, but there is something about crossing stuff off a little at a time that just makes me feel SO PRODUCTIVE. so for that feeling, I have LOTS of note pads and notebooks (and my magnadoodle, which currently contains my "to-do" list for this week) dedicated JUST to lists.

----this list will have to be put on hold due to the fact that i was A.D.D. in making it and now its past my bedtime. will return....sometime.------

1 comment:

laura beth said...

You still have a magnadoodle?! I'm so J! Also, sorry I missed your call the other night - we were in McComb for the weekend. We do need to catch up soon!!