Sunday, July 12, 2009

dreams

"Remember...God dreams bigger than you do...."

[i saw this on Margaret's twitter this morning (her awesome little sister, Grace, originally said it to her i think) and i have been thinking about it all day. so much that i thought it deserved a blog post, even though i have already blogged once today! go me.]

this quote was a HUGE revelation for me. you know, like when that you could have seen or heard something similar a million times before, but for some reason the Holy Spirit chooses to pump some meaning to it that 1,000,001 time and rock your world with relevance and clarity. that is where i have found myself today. 

To think that God could have something even greater in mind for me to do with my law degree than just practicing law?! To think that he could have someone greater than the "man of my dreams" i have envisioned in my mind, with a passion for God even greater than my own?!? To think that he could have a place for me to move after law school with even more activities and opportunities to advance His kingdom and purposes than Virginia Beach or Austin, Tx?! 

could it be true??? yes, my friends, I believe it could!

 I do know this- I was born a dreamer...from hours upon hours of playing dress-up and barbies as a little girl to daydreaming most of my college classes away, it is safe to assume I have one of the largest imaginations around. So to think that God takes my large-scale imagination and magnifies it with HIS dreams that He has just for me...well, I just can't top that. What a beautiful feeling.  Dream on, God. I'm ready for it. :)

"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen." -Ephesians 3:20-21

1 comment:

katie said...

lori- you are great! i love you and that post. i miss you and i hope you know i am so proud of you...really!