1. no school, very little work...therefore TONS OF FREE TIME. This year, that time has be
en spent sleeping in until noon, watching EVERY episode of The Office...which is the funniest show i have ever seen in my life and I could probably write an entire post about it... facebook-stalking everyone I know, having late-night heart to hearts with my mom, and nightly phone dates with all of my Texas buddies. I haven't gotten hardly ANY presents for my family yet, so I should probably spend some of that time doing that?? I am one of those people who performs well under stress, so I figure I at least have until like Sunday to switch into panic mode and get it all done. It's worked pretty well in years past...2. GOOD FOOD. Going home so early may have been a really bad idea. Being from Starkville, we usually put off going to our parents house as long as possible (we see them all the time anyway), b
ut this year, I decided to go ahead and go home early to spend some time with my parents...before my brother comes home and gets all the attention...but since I have been home, I think I have gained about 10 pounds. My mom is the BEST cook in the world, in my opinion, and here is just a sample of what she has made so far: peanut brittle, fudge, million-dollar cookie bars, pecan tarts, puppy chow (now gone)...and thats all PRE-boys getting home. She will undoubtedly go crazy for their return. And on top of all of that, I am working at Bops tonight for some extra cash. NOT GOOD. I think we lose money when I work because I eat so many toppings. ugh. I swear I am going to work out.....tomorrow.3. HANGING OUT WITH OLD FRIENDS. I love my Starkville friends. Ask anyone, and they will tell you...Starkville people are one of a kind. We all grew up in a college town...that should tell you something right there. But during the semester, we are all doing our own thing, and I don't see all of my old
friends as often as I would like, which is why the holidays are so great. Everyone who is not from Starkville eventually goes home and leaves downtown to us. One of my (and all of my Vegas friends') hugest pet peaves is when people just hang around Starkville indefinitely and won't go home for Christmas...this is our freaking town...get outta here. But that's another story....I am supposed to be talking about my friends. They are great. We can go months without talking or seeing each other, and whenever we get back together its like nothing ever changed. I love that. I am pretty excited about some Starkvegas Christmas parties coming up...they are always interesting, and I have been promised that this years' will not disappoint. A few selective ones here and there, and of course the "big party" right before Christmas. Thank goodness we are moving the big party somewhere besides Ricks. I have had enough of that place for a good long while. Bringing it back downtown..where it belongs.4. CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS! I love Christmas lights and such. I don't love actually putting them up as much as I love looking at them...I do like to TELL people how and where to
put them though. Some people would call that lazy/bossy....I prefer to think of it as delegating. My tree this year is legit. Actually, I have two trees. One at my apartment that is WHITE and has really funky decorations and stuff, and then the one at my parents house that is a huge REAL spruce tree and it has tons of lights and all of our classic ornaments. My roommate and my mom are pretty much the same person I think....they both love to read Southern Living, decorate, cook, etc....therefore, I am surrounded by southern hospitality at all times. I am definitely not complaining. I also love to look at Christmas lights. I can't wait for Bo and Jack to come home so we can all go to Baker's Acres! They have the best lights I have ever seen, and I love going to look at them! I always try to take pictures, but they never do it justice. I will try again, though, and post about it afterwards, I'm sure.


No comments:
Post a Comment