Sunday, December 9, 2007

a window seat view

well hello. as is the case for many bloggers these days, i have decided to put my love for writing and my obscene amount of free time at work (well, at least during the holidays) to good use. For the third time in my life, I am going to attempt to maintain a personal blog. I should point out that I read at least 4 political blogs every morning, the occasional gossip blog, and when i remember to, I check out my friends' personal blogs to catch up lives and such. So it was inevitable that the blogging world would beckon me back. Although my facebook profile paints a very accurate picture of what is going on in my life these days, some close to me do not have access to that avenue of information...hence the reason I have once again taken up blogging. A few things going on in my life right now...



1. I am on a 5-month strong "guy-break." If you really know me, you know how impressive this is. Considering the fact that I have one of the most important decisions of my life (thus far) to make in a few short months as to what I want to do with my life after graduation, I don't think now would be the best time to jump head first into a relationship with anyone. God has kept me from developing any super serious relationships in college, and although I have, at times, been bitter about this in the past, I am fully embracing this as a gift at this stage in my life. God is about to use me to do something really big, and I am excited about the fact that I have NOTHING holding me back from going wherever He leads me this next year! FYI: God can change your whole outlook on something that you may be thinking is SO important at the time...I know this because this is exhibit A of how he has done it in my life. And the best thing about all of this is that I have developed more really good friendships with guys this semester than ever before. Girls, guys CAN be awesome, non-dramatic, advice-giving, sympathetic friends. as long as you're not searching for anything more out of them...another FYI for you.





2. I miss my brothers TERRIBLY. For the first time in my life, my entire family does not live in the same town. This fall, Jack made the big move to California to go to Bethel School of the Supernatural Ministry (or Bible College, if you will). Although I have been to see him once this semester while he has been there, a weekend which happened to change my life (but that's for another time), I have still missed him more than I ever imagined I would. He has completely turned his life around and is the Godliest young man I have in my life right now. Wow, God is so good! As for the other brother, Bo just took a job in Texas (I AM SO JEALOUS!!) working with oil. that's really all i know about it. But i know that he loves his job, and he is freaking brilliant and good at it. He's way smarter than I ever gave him credit for growing up. So with them both being in other states, that leaves me all alone in Starkville with the parents. Not that I mind...I get way more invites to dinner than I used to, and I just so happen to adore my parents and think they are the greatest things since sliced break...so I mean it works out. But back to missing my brothers. Thankfully, they are coming home next week for Christmas, and I have never been so excited about my family being all together as I am this year!! I can't wait to play games, watch old family videos (mostly just to make fun of Bo's country accent as a little boy), cook sausage balls and rotel, make fires and all watch movies together on the couch, go hunting, play soccer in our front yard with our dogs...I could go on forever...but you get the point. I am pumped.




3. A big girl job is beckoning me. I have finally made the decision to take a year off from school and work before going to Law School (for 3 more years...ew). One reason being I still haven't decided where I even WANT to go to Law School. I mean I want to stay in the South, so maybe I will go somewhere around here. But I love Texas and DC, so maybe I should look around there?? Ah, I am not ready for this kind of a decision. And thankfully, God has given me peace about not going anywhere just yet, so I am currently looking for a job opportunity in either Texas or DC. Or anywhere, really. I just think I need to get out of Mississippi for a while. I mean, my 22 years here have been wonderful, but feel like I need just a little break from the deep South. As far as immediate plans following graduation in May, I think Camp (well, mainly Lake Ouachita) may be beckoning me back...I just can't seem to make myself say my final goodbyes to such a wonderful place. But we shall see. One more semester at dear Ole' State before all of that becomes a reality. Thank goodness.


There is so much more stirring in me, but this initial briefing will have to do for now. Updates will undoubtedly follow.

No comments: