Thursday, February 7, 2008

blah.

well, I wanted to post today...but as I sit at my desk in my office- needing to do a MILLION things for the DC trip and not doing any of them at the moment- I can't think of anything super interesting to write about. It's been one of those weeks. So busy, yet with what?? I need a vacation, asap. Me and Jake just started a workout plan where we alternate nights of running and swimming together. (we've only actually stuck to it 2 days so far this week though...some plan, huh.) We have GOT to get in shape for our swim-tests for summer camp (We are both working at camps this summer as ski instructors at the lake...only his camp is a Jewish all-girls camp- i can only imagine the stories I am going to hear) We have to swim 11 laps- down and back equal 1- and we almost passed out after 6 the other night, so this should be interesting...to say the least. If you see us in the Sanderson or on University Dr...give us a little encouragement...cause we DEFINITELY need it! Nothing else really exciting is going on right now...I can't wait for the weekend- as usual. I am going to Mollie Hederman and Tyler Young's wedding in Jackson and it's going to be LEGIT. I can't wait to see all my DC friends!

As for my political commentary (that I try to keep out of my blog normally), Huckabee made some positive strides on Super Tuesday..finally! I believe Romney is about to "suspend his campaign" today (THANK GOODNESS) and between Huckabee and McCain, I would say we are doing ok as a Republican party. I think McCain has the experience we need in a leader, but Huckabee has the ideals that I value, which is very important to me. Can McCain appeal to the conservative base enough to swing that vote? My advice (not that anyone is asking me)...if McCain continues to surge in the primaries...put up a McCain/Huckabee ticket...give Huckabee some experience as a VP and set him up to run in 2012. Done and done.

Looks like a had more than I thought.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I LOVE JEWISH GIRL'S CAMP!
(you can thank me for his random summer job choice!)

Get that boy in shape! :)

ps - i like reading your blog.