i should have known this wouldn't be a relaxed summer like i imagined it would be...then again, my summers seem to follow a pattern of craziness lately! i just found out that i will be going back to Virginia way earlier than i originally planned to...I will be heading back to the East Coast on August 1st instead of the 21st now...which means i will only have about 4 days in Mississippi to hang out instead of the month i thought i would be spending there. (It seems the more plans i make to get back to Mississippi, the more they head in a completely different direction...every time!) I was asked to be an advisor for Regent's Academic Success Program, a position that i am THRILLED to have been nominated for, but it requires that I be in Va Beach (at school) by August 3rd. The only problem is that I cant move into my new house (our 3-story, million dollar beach house ON the beach, what what!) until August 30th. That should be an interesting month to say the least. Thank goodness for awesome friends that have offered to put up with me as a house guest for extended periods of time. As much as I am sad to not be in Mississippi for longer, I will get to be with the whole fam for a week or so before I have to move back...our annual beach trip is planned for the DAY AFTER me and Jack drive home from Texas. (I am becoming an expert last minute packer/re-packer!) Then back home for a couple of days before I make the drive to VA....whew! As crazy as my life seems sometimes, I would not trade it or slow it down for anything in the world. I am really learning to enjoy EACH DAY for what God has in it for me...good conversations, meeting new (and awesome) people, taking advantage of fun activities around me, and *trying* not to think too far ahead--it takes away the joy of the moment too often!
There is a verse I read recently in Amos...so random...but so applicable to my life right now that I thought I would share...it's so simple, yet so awesome to me.
" So Seek God and LIVE!" -Amos 5:6 (message)
I love this because it is a command to do two things. 1) Seek God...His will, His character, His desires, His love....and 2) LIVE...don't just sit around waiting for crystal clear answers or confirmations to your prayers before you can do anything purposeful in life...God will work through us when we just get out there and start living (and loving on people in the process!)
No comments:
Post a Comment