Monday, June 29, 2009

monday, monday

for the first time in my life, i think i truly understand why people loathe Mondays. I have been a full-time student for a long time now, so the weekends have always been a nice break from the classroom...but the homework doesn't go away over the weekend; in fact, the weekends are typically when the most homework needs to be done. i have found a new love for the weekend since i started my "job" this summer....this work doesn't follow me home every night/weekend like school-work does! this means i have the entire weekend to PLAY...from 5:00 on Friday afternoon until i go to bed on Sunday night, i can go/do absolutely whatever my little heart desires. The freedom i have discovered in that has been somewhat overwhelming...in a great way. However, the flipside to that freedom is the Monday morning that inevitably follows. Now, as I have said before, I truly love my job and what i am doing this summer...but that doesn't change the fact that I have to get up at 7 am in the morning, get dressed, drive to work, park in a garage (on the TOP level), and walk 3 blocks to work with heavy eyes after a long weekend full of activity. The only thing that actually gets me to my desk is the thought of the daily cup of coffee I will get to drink at 9:30 in the break room. And then the lunch i will get to eat at noon. and then what good new restaurant I will get to go to with one or some of my many new friends in Austin that night. hmmm, i see a pattern.

At least this week is a 4-day work week because of the Holiday. Maybe if i just think of today as a Tuesday instead of Monday, my perspective on the day will brighten. Yes, I think I will do that.

1 comment:

LT (and Max) said...

i never appreciated weekends until i started working! friday afternoons are wayyy underrated! :)