Tuesday, June 2, 2009

life in the FUN lane!

i am officially on semi-vacation for the summer. [Semi] because i technically do have a "job" in austin- the internship...but after 4:00 every day, i literally go into full tourist mode. it's awesome. my afternoons have consisted of MANY good meals, trips to various lakes and pools in austin, concerts, put-put golf, more eating, hanging out at outdoor local bars and coffee shops...i truly feel like i am a professional tourist! Having amazing friends around and down to do anything-- like my friends who I have met on lake crew the past couple of summers--have made being here even better! I cant believe it is already June...which means I only have a month and a half left to work/play and pack as many activities into the evenings and weekends as possible! Some of my new friends that live in Austin are currently compiling an "austin activities" guide at the moment...and I just so happen to be around to benefit from their knowledge of the most adventurous and "local" things to do in this city--i can't wait!

To top off our recent adventures, me and my buddy Wes tried out Austin Stone this past weekend (the church in Austin that Chris Tomlin started)....and wow. amazing. I cant WAIT to go back this Sunday- we even met some friends on our first visit and we both cant wait to get more involved. I started to really consider transferring to UT to finish out law school so that I could be around for longer, but the thought of leaving my amazing friends, school, and BEACH HOUSE behind is too much to tackle right now....so I have resolved to move back here in exactly two years when I graduate. We shall see what the future holds, but I REALLY, REALLY hope it includes Austin at some point! 

Just to give you a little idea of what I am experiencing...this week will include (but is not limited to): a free concert at a restaurant by Barton Springs on Thurs. night, friends in town for the weekend and a FLOAT TRIP planned for Saturday, church and supper with new friends on Sunday, and a tentative movie on the lawn Sunday night at one of the parks in Austin.  love love love. 

No comments: