this game is taking over my life...i spent the whole day yesterday trying to decide what my C's would be. I have three, and I love them all equally. So I'm putting all three. deal with it.
I think everyone is well aware of my LOVE for this place. I have worked as a counselor at Camp Ozark for the past two summers, and I will be going back in May for one last summer before I move to VA. Not only do I get paid to hang out with some amazing kids everyday, but I also have THE BEST possible job at camp....LAKE CREW. That's right...me and 12 other RIDICULOUSLY awesome counselors are in charge of the Lake Program at Camp Ozark, which is on Lake Ouachita (about a 20 min. drive from the actual camp). I spend most of my summer da
ys driving boats and teaching skiing and wakeboarding, and occasionally we will all switch up duties and I will take kids out on the lake sailing. Ahhh...life is SO good there!! I can honestly say that my FAVORITE memories in the entire world come from camp and being on the Lake. The best part of Lake Crew is definitely the Lake Crew...we are all super close because we spend so much time together away from camp, and we spend almost as many nights at the Lake with each other that we do at camp with our cabins. I am going back this summer as Top Staff, so I will basically be responsible for the Lake Program and for all of the new Lake Crew members. Some of my BEST LC friends are coming back this summer, and it is taking everything in me to not think about it all the time and actually focus on school and trying to graduate!
I think everyone is well aware of my LOVE for this place. I have worked as a counselor at Camp Ozark for the past two summers, and I will be going back in May for one last summer before I move to VA. Not only do I get paid to hang out with some amazing kids everyday, but I also have THE BEST possible job at camp....LAKE CREW. That's right...me and 12 other RIDICULOUSLY awesome counselors are in charge of the Lake Program at Camp Ozark, which is on Lake Ouachita (about a 20 min. drive from the actual camp). I spend most of my summer da
ys driving boats and teaching skiing and wakeboarding, and occasionally we will all switch up duties and I will take kids out on the lake sailing. Ahhh...life is SO good there!! I can honestly say that my FAVORITE memories in the entire world come from camp and being on the Lake. The best part of Lake Crew is definitely the Lake Crew...we are all super close because we spend so much time together away from camp, and we spend almost as many nights at the Lake with each other that we do at camp with our cabins. I am going back this summer as Top Staff, so I will basically be responsible for the Lake Program and for all of the new Lake Crew members. Some of my BEST LC friends are coming back this summer, and it is taking everything in me to not think about it all the time and actually focus on school and trying to graduate!C is also for CRUSADE
I have become really involved in Campus Crusade this year...I was pretty active my freshman year, but everyone I went with either graduated or just stopped going, and of course I don't normally do things by myself...so I faded out too. Then last semester, I started going again with Peyton Hill and Rachael Kirk (both BALLERS) and found out about a conference over New Years in Atlanta that Crusade sponsors. I was looking for something a little less rowdy to do for New Years this year, so I ended up going with some friends. I talked about it in one of my first blog posts, actually...It was amazing. But that is not the point. The point is, because I went to Atlanta and met Kevin and Missy (the Directors) and some other people involved in Crusade at State, I began to get really involved too. Me, my friends Peyton, Matthew Kimbrough, and Lindsay Bean all started a Crusade co-ed Bible Study called "The Way" this semester, and I LOVE our big group!! Crusade has meant and done more for me spiritually in this one year than anything else in my life to this day. and THAT is why Cru is worthy of recognition in the Alphabet game.
I have become really involved in Campus Crusade this year...I was pretty active my freshman year, but everyone I went with either graduated or just stopped going, and of course I don't normally do things by myself...so I faded out too. Then last semester, I started going again with Peyton Hill and Rachael Kirk (both BALLERS) and found out about a conference over New Years in Atlanta that Crusade sponsors. I was looking for something a little less rowdy to do for New Years this year, so I ended up going with some friends. I talked about it in one of my first blog posts, actually...It was amazing. But that is not the point. The point is, because I went to Atlanta and met Kevin and Missy (the Directors) and some other people involved in Crusade at State, I began to get really involved too. Me, my friends Peyton, Matthew Kimbrough, and Lindsay Bean all started a Crusade co-ed Bible Study called "The Way" this semester, and I LOVE our big group!! Crusade has meant and done more for me spiritually in this one year than anything else in my life to this day. and THAT is why Cru is worthy of recognition in the Alphabet game.
the last C....CHIPOTLE!!
Ahh...Chipotle. I can't even find words to describe my OBSESSION with this restaurant. I first found Chipotle in DC when I lived there last summer, and me and my friend Anne would eat there every week, sometimes more than once a week. If you live near a Chipotle and don't eat there on a regular basis...well, shame on you. I cannot stand it when people try to compare it to Moe's either. WAY BETTER. I mean, I guess it is the same concept of Moe's, but the free-range meat, fresh toppings and various flavors of salsa make Chipotle everything that Moe's wishes it was. To try to describe my love for this place, I will tell you that I drive at least once a month to Tuscaloosa just to eat at the nearest restaurant...I am actually planning a trip for next week. Mesquite grilled chicken, spicy corn, lettuce, sour cream, steamed rice, mozerella cheese all wrapped in a warm steamed wrap...mmmmmm. (i won't mention how many calories are in each burritto..it hurts too much to think about it)



No comments:
Post a Comment