Monday, April 14, 2008

D

i have several d's. that is what happens when i go for days without blogging and continuously thinking about what i should blog about. the STRANGE thing about all of the D's that i could think of is that they are all actually DC's. You will see what I mean at the end.

1. DIET COKE.

If you have been reading my blog for the past few months, you know that I LOVE diet coke and that I gave it up for Lent. Not gonna lie...it made me feel ALOT better not drinking it. In knowing that, WHHYYY do I still love and crave a diet coke every morning, noon, and night? I really think it is all pyschological. I must have had some really good memories with Diet Coke over the years and I just cant bring myself to say good-bye. Although I went on a DC rampage immediately following Lent, I have actually not been drinking as many as I was pre-lent era. I try to only drink one a day, and I make sure to savor every drop.

2. DC (literally)

I lived in Washington, DC, all last summer, and it was one of the best experiences of my life. I lived with two amazing girls at Georgetown Law (in the dorms on the Hill) along with the rest of the 30 or so Mississippi State and Ole Miss interns. GOOD times. I spent my weekdays in Dirksen Senate Office building from 9-6, with extended lunch breaks almost every day on the Hill. The weekends consisted of lots of sleeping, sight-seeing (with friends that came to visit throughout the summer), and eating HUGE brunches and dinners before going out in Georgetown or Adams Morgan (my personal favorite...PEYOTE kareoke, what what) I don't have the time or energy to even begin to talk about the number and quality of restaurants in DC, both on the Hill and off, but I am certain that I would have gained about 20 pounds that summer had I not had to walk to work and all around the Capitol everyday. I am the most obsessed with the fast-paced atmosphere around the Hill (where the Capitol is and all of the Senate and House offices are located) and I would LOVE to move back to DC after I finish Law School to work. If you plan on taking a trip to the nation's capitol city anytime soon, let me make your itinerary. I want you to love it as much as I do.

3. DC Talk!I know, this is random...but this weekend on our way home from Arkansas, me and the girls I rode there with broke out some old DC Talk songs...What if I stumble, In the Light, Jesus Freak...you know the songs...classics. I had forgotten all about the boys until last fall, when one of the members of the band (Kevin, I think?) came to State for a gospel service with Johnny Cash's sister during the Johnny Cash "Flower Pickin' Festival" in Starkville. He sang "In the Light" by himself, which was good, but it made me miss the rest of the band. Man, I LOVED them. I acutally saw them two years in a row when I was in junior high. Those were the good ole' days. (no, not really). I plan to rummage through my closet at home next time I go there and dig out some of my old CD's. Get ready for a Jam Session.

No comments: