I said goodbye to two very important people in my life yesterday...not for good, but it sure felt like it at the time. Me and mom took
Jack back to the airport yesterday in Jackson, and even though i didn't cry when he left (my mom did...of course), I still was really sad to see him go...especially not knowing when I might get to see him again. He won't come home again probably for at least a year, and that's a long time for me! I am so glad he's happy in Cali though..i think Starkville as he knew it, is alot different for Jack now than it used to be. I think its safe to say he "fits in" in California now...i mean he got a skateboard for Christmas...that says enough right there if you know Jack at all. He does still rock the polos and sperries while riding the skateboard...thank God. I would NOT be ok with him starting to wear skinny jeans and stuff. ew. Anyway, on to my next goodbye. Me and mom met
Margaret and Mrs. Jennifer for coffee later in the day and chatted about Australia and how in the world Margaret is going to fit everything she owns into two large suitcases. I laugh just thinking about it. As hard as it was for me to say goodbye (and REALLY not knowing the next time i will see her!), I couldn't really be sad because I know how much Margaret needs this and is going to love her new home/life as an Aussie. I told Margaret that she couldn't come home until she had written a song to sing at my wedding...so she better get busy over there.

Those goodbyes were bittersweet for me...how can you be sad about sending someone off to such a spiritual environment where you know that they are happier than they could ever be here?? Any sadness I feel is for my loss of having them around and not taking more advantage of those deep relationships all those years before they left. I truly am happy and excited for Margaret and Jack and this new chapter in their lives, and I am so thankful to get to be a part of it and reap the benefits!!
No comments:
Post a Comment