Christmas was WONDERFUL. Bo came home and Emily came to Starkville for a few days and hung out with the family. I must say, I really enjoy having her around...having a girl to get ready with, defend myself against the boys with, etc. really is nice. The fam went to Baker's Acres one night, like I mentioned in an earlier post. Lights were great...I took pictures, but they sucked so I am not even putting them up. Just take my word for that one. Christmas day was fun...it was just the 5 of us...sometimes I wish we had a bigger family (some cousins or aunts or uncles or SOMETHING....dang my parents for being only children) but when I really think about it, we are all so incredibly close because it has always just been us I think. We took a family picture for the Christmas cards (that my mom sends out late EVERY YEAR...gotta love her) and I think it turned out pretty stinkin' good. But you decide for yourself when you receive the card...in May probably.

So after Christmas, the boys loaded up the 4-wheelers and headed down to the deer camp. I opted out of that trip and w
ent and hung out with Anna McCarty in McComb instead. It's become an annual trip for a while now...the boys always go hunting and I always call Anna and force her to hang out with me and let me stay at her house. She loves it. We had a great time...she's amazing and I LOVE hanging out with her...I just wish we could hang out more. Too bad we are both too shady to call each other when we are in Memphis/Starkville. Oh well, as long as we are honest about it. So after that trip, we swung through Jackson on the way back to town for some quick shopping. As much as I swore to myself that I would never buy sperries because they are just another outdated wallabee waiting to happen....I broke down. I don't even have an excuse. Whatever. I still swear to myself that I will NOT ever buy chacos....oh Lord, I will be a total follower if that happens.On to my next trip. For New Years, I went to Atlanta for Campus Crusade Christmas Conference. That's alot of C's, I just noticed. I had to go a day late because Julie got MARRIED on the 29th (same day as the Liberty Bowl....which we won. GO DAWGS) so I rode down
the next day with Rachael Kirk and followed some boys from State to the conference. SUCH a good decision...what a great ride with one of the most amazing girls I have ever known. Anyone who does not know Rachael Kirk is seriously missing out in life. The conference was all out AMAZING. The speakers were legit, the band was UNREAL (Tenth Avenue North and Audrey Assad...check them both out on myspace), and I met seriously the COOLEST girls ever. Where have these people been all of my life?? I am officially obs
essed with Crusade and everyone associated with it. This was my first New Years Eve not to be out Partying like a Rockstar, and I must say, it was by far the most fulfilling and fun NYE ever. That night, we went out to eat with a huge group for Lindsay Bean's birthday at Dolce in downtown ATL, which is Ashton Kutcher's restaurant!! I felt like I was on The Hills the whole time. After dinner, we came back and had worship for like an hour then all got ready for the "New Years Ball," which was just a big dance for all the conference people. Tons of crazy fun people, getting dressed up, no boys to worry about, and rap music...I mean seriously?? What a way to ring in the new year.Since I have been home, I have done a massive amount of Facebook stalking, getting caught up on some reading, hanging out with my family before Jack leaves next week, and sleeping ALOT. I just found out that I am going on a cruise for Spring Break with some really legit girls, so I am about to get into "beach-body mode" like, tomorrow. or Monday, cause it's the weekend. but soon. I am so ready for this new chapter of my life. I feel like 2008 is going to be a great year to make a new beginning. As many good memories that 2007 had, I had my fair share of not-so-good ones too. I was just ready for that year of my life to be behind me. I am so excited to see what God has for me this year...hanging out with all of my new friends, graduation, a JOB...with a new city, roommates, friends, etc., and hopefully a little more time to spend with the friends I will have to leave behind. Oh, and I am dropping the "Ann" this year. It's just too confusing for too many people to know what to call me. It's just Lori. A less complicated life needs a less complicated name, I think.
So welcome, 2008. I've been waiting to meet you!!


No comments:
Post a Comment