Sunday, January 27, 2008

a change in plans??

this weekend was a big one. bare with me.

well, the actual events of the weekend were pretty lame...i slept all day Friday (thanks doc foglesong for your massive amount of maroon alert texts letting me know that it was icing on all "elevated surfaces" and not to go outside under any circumstances...geez) and got off the couch just long enough to take my roommates to Bops (the second night in a row for me...oops) for some free ice cream (excuse me...custard). On Saturday, me and my mom went to Jackson to shop for some showers we are hosting next month (including yours, Amanda...yay!) and I got a dress for Molly and Tyler's wedding...which I am in LOVE with, by the way. We got a few other things along the way and got back in time for a late dinner with my Dad in Starkville. Today was actually pretty eventful...went to church with the parents, ate some lunch at Mi Hacienda (of COURSE..ugh), and spent all afternoon FILLING OUT MY LAW SCHOOL APPLICATION! yes, you read it right. In the past few days, I have really felt God telling me to pursue applying to law school, and the law school's application that I am most interested in is due FEBRUARY 1st. SERIOUSLY?? That is this coming Friday!! Needless to say, I have my week cut out for me. I cannot explain the reason I feel so strongly about going ahead and applying to this school except that I know that God has laid this on my heart and I want to do everything I can to stay in the will of God for my life. So we will see how this goes...I would appreciate everyone's prayers in this process (applying usually takes weeks or even months, and I am attempting to do it in less than one week!!) I know that on my own, I cannot do this...but with God...ALL things are possible, including getting into the Law School I want...if that is God's will for me this year after all.

I got a brief break from the application process tonight when a big group of us went out to my parents house to eat...we had roast, mashed potatoes, green bean bundles, corn, rolls, grape salad, and italian creme cake....my mouth is watering again just thinking about it. My mom is the best cook in the ENTIRE world, and she just happens to love to entertain...score for me. and my friends.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Ugh...I love and miss your mom!