Monday, January 14, 2008

very important information

Before i get to my "very important information" in this post, let me give everyone a quick update on the weekend. So we left Thursday afternoon headed to Mobile...in the MIDDLE of a tornado apparently (Stuart claimed his truck could make it through anything....i believed him, of course)...and arrived safely in the bay area just in time for dinner at Panera. My first time to eat anything other than a bagel at Panera...it was good. I won't bore you with all the details of the weekend, but I had a great time hanging out with friends and my parents and eating some really, really good meals. We made a quick trip to the Bay to check out some houses and look at the water (my obsession, as most people know) on Friday afternoon...it was legit. My weekend ended with a lovely dinner with Harris at the Veranda, where we were massively macked on (until our waiter realized we had been talking about other boys the whole time and finally gave up...poor thing). I was too tired to go out Saturday night, so i just turned in early and caught up on some much needed sleep. Sunday was fun...went to church with Jenn for the first time to the Episcopal Church...it was good! We met my parents later for a 2-hour lunch session at Mi Hacienda, which I am CONVINCED that my parents own stock in because they want to eat there so much. sheesh....Girabaldis for me, please. So that was my weekend.

On to the important part!! My professor told me about a new website the other day in class that I am now OBSESSED with. It's called stumbleupon.com It is amazing!! Here is the deal...it's FREE...and you sign up on the website and then you click all these boxes of stuff you are interested in knowing/learning/looking at on the web. For example, I clicked things like, "conservative politics", "music", "humor", "travel", "Christianity"....yeah, you get the idea. So after you click your interests and download the toolbar, you just click the "Stumble" button on the toolbar and it gives you a completely random website about something you like everytime you hit the button!! Never again will I be bored at work...WOO HOO!

3 comments:

laura beth said...

can i just say i am TOTALLY pumped to find your blog? who knew? i will now stalk you at least once a day, so please try to make your blogs as funny/entertaining as possible.

ps-got your text. we need to talk. soon.

laura beth said...

i almost forgot. katiemccain.blogspot.com.

The Texas VicHorns said...

Hi Lori!

I was excited to find your blog, and I have come to the realization that you are really funny. Also, this post really made me miss Mobile, good restaurants, and, of course, the water as I am now practically living in Mexico with no water and no good restaurants. But, a I do have a good husband who realizes this is important to me, and is traveling 3 hours on Saturday just so I can eat sushi. Solid. Ok, so I am going to add your link to our blog. Say hello to your parents from me.

That was a long comment. Sorry.